Sunday, October 9, 2011

Summer-Back Weekend

Another great weekend gone by, and summer decided to come back and visit again for a few days.

My weekend was wonderful, I got to enjoy the world's best hot-pot with some of my dearest friends...
(with lamb, tempura, lots of tofu, lots of veggies, beef balls, fish balls, mushrooms, yam...yummmmm)

And on Sunday, while enjoying my Chinese Chicken Noodle Soup...
(In my chicken soup I usually put onions - white and green - tomatoes, half a lemon, garlic, napa cabbage, and today I ran out of cilantro so it's less pretty.)


...I got to watch these guys...

...do a lot of this...

 ...this...

...and this!

...culminating in an amazing, 48-3 win over the Tampa Bay Bucs.  Really? Let's say that again shall we?  Yes, you read correctly.  Fourty-eight over three.  Needless to say I was seeing stars for the rest of the day.  And the best part of about it was, it was a clean, solid game for San Francisco - the Niners played exceptionally today, they were every where and every thing they needed to be.  And it shows.  48-3.

In some other news on this beautiful football Sunday that was surprising to me, the Seahawks beat the Giants in New York (Seahawks?! Really?! Who saw that one coming?); reigning champs Green Bay Packers, led by Aaron Rodgers, rallied back towards the end of their game to beat the Falcons and keep their (what is it now-11 games? if you carry over from last season) winning streak alive; and the Raiders beat Houston 25-20, making it all in all, a very good day for my beloved bay.  Al Davis would have been proud.  

Hope all of you out there are doing well and staying alive in your leagues, and enjoying the month of October in your own special ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment