Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Benjamin Button

Remember when you were a kid and all you wanted was to grow up?  I do.  I used to count down the time until August, which was my "half" birthday, and at that point I could officially and honestly add a "half" to my age.  5 and a half.  12 and a half. 


I couldn't wait to be 16.  Sweet 16.  I couldn't wait to be 18.  Drive.  Legal.  I couldn't wait to be 21.  Drinks.

For crying out loud, I remember when I couldn't wait to have a job.  A real job.  Haha!  I see kids around me that are like that now...and I can't help thinking, Oh, baby, don't rush it.  It'll get here soon, and before you know it you'll be all grown up. You'll have a grown up life, a grown up job, and grown up responsibilities.  You'll have grown up relationships, and grown up conversations.  Don't rush, it'll get here soon enough, enjoy your life the way it is right now.


Because when you get there, all you'll really want is to just be able to go back in time and be a kid again.

No comments:

Post a Comment