Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Little Piece of South

I'm really quite in love with Angeline's Louisiana Kitchen, in Berkeley, and was thrilled to have another opportunity to go again recently.  I'm not from the south, nor have I ever been there, but a friend of mine who was born and raised in the ATL vouched for the authenticity and wonders of the food here - including the sweet tea.  That's got to be a good sign right?!  Here's a little sampling of some of their amazingness...

2261 Shattuck Avenue
(between Bancroft and Kittredge)
Berkeley 94704

Buttermilk Fried Chicken with beans, mashed potatoes and some special sauce

Fried catfish with Hushpuppies and the most amazing potato salad...it was super spicy and I loved it!

One of my two most favorite mac and cheese's of all time.

Not pictured:  the sweet tea and sparkling house lemonade, both of which are amazing.  Also, last time I went in the winter and they had some crab soup special that was unbelievable.  Still have yet to remember to leave room for beignets.  Next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment