Friday, October 7, 2011

GAP sale this weekend-up to 50% off!

I was tipped off late last night thanks to Jean, who wrote on one of my favorite blogs, Extra Petite, that Gap was having an "up to 50% off Columbus Day sale."

So I scurried on over to their website and saw that they had quite an impressive selection of jeans all on sale.  I've been meaning to try out their legging jeans since I've heard and read great reviews on them, and figured this would be my chance.

For months now, I've been looking for the perfect black skinny jean/jegging - I wanted something that would be versatile enough to look polished and dressed up, while at the same time remain super comfortable.  Over Labor Day weekend, American Eagle was having a 40% off+free ship sale, so I ordered these black knit jeggings online through Ebates.  (referral link!)


With the 40% off plus 3.0% cash back from Ebates, I paid $22.99 for these.  Alas, they came and just didn't fit right. The waist was way too loose on me and I didn't like the extremely narrow and tight leg opening at the bottom.  We weren't a good match, so I returned them at my local AE store.

Today I popped into The Gap in downtown SF after class quickly--the biggest one I know of around here--in hopes of better size selection, since I wasn't sure exactly what size I would be.  (Considering I hadn't purchased any bottoms from The Gap since the 5th grade!)  I determined that I was a size 25/0, which unfortunately seems to be a very popular size since it was sold out in most styles.

I brought a load full of pants with me into the fitting room, and only successfully fell in love with a black skinny jean and a royal blue washed ultra lightweight skinny boot.  Unfortunately the "skinny boot" in "ink" only came in 24/00 (there were about 20 pairs in that size), and the next smallest size was a 16.  Nothing in between.  So I decided to save the info and hunt on-line when I got home.


I was especially bummed they didn't have my size because, if you can see, they were on final sale in stores for only $9.97!!  Down from $69.50! That's roughly 85% off!

Sadly, while they carried my size online, it was only on sale for $49.99.  
I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this one though.  Hopefully the price will drop further and I'll be able to scoop it up!  It's definitely a VERY flattering fabric and cut - the fabric is super light but gives great shape, and it has not a huge hippy flare, but just enough to make your legs look slim and long and perfectly proportioned.

The other pair I liked in stores today and felt that it *could be* the skinny black jeans I desired were these "always skinny" jeans in black.

In the stores though, they were only 30% off regular price, which is $69.95.  That brings it down to $48.96.  I remembered it being less online, though I wasn't sure how much, so I left those in the store as well and planned on looking for it also, online when I got home.


This time I was rewarded, because these jeans are on-sale online for $34.98, which is exactly 50% off! Score!

So I popped it into my shopping cart, and got an additional 2% cash back for purchasing through Ebates.    With shipping and tax added, they came up to be about twice as much as what I paid for the AE pair, but hopefully these will live up to my expectations and I will have finally found my perfect black skinnies!

**As a note, I also wanted to point out that if you're a fan of Old Navy, not only are they having some great Columbus Day deals this weekend as well - they are currently offering 10% cash back on Ebates! What an amazing bonus!  I was just in the store a few days ago and I saw some cute items, but unfortunately nothing for me because even the smallest size at Old Navy is almost always too big on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment