Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Herbie's Caprese over Linguine

This has GOT to be my new favorite pasta, hands down.  Its only been a couple of days, but I'm craving it already!!!!

I got the recipe from one of my most favorite blogs of all time, Herbie Likes Spaghetti.  If you haven't seen this blog before, do go and check it out!

Here's the link to the recipe, which I followed exactly.

Mine didn't turn out as pretty (does it ever?!) but it tasted heavenly! Here's some pics to tantalize your taste buds!

I have been gifted a few times lately with home-grown tomatoes, nearing the end of their life span and needing to be used up.  Perfect for this pasta! The tomatoes are ripe, and oh-so-flavorful, seeing as they're "organic" and pesticide free!

Stirring the tomatoes with salt to draw out the juices.

Adding the basil and stirring it in, with black pepper also...

Mozzarella whom I love......

Look! The tomato mix has sat after being blended, all the juices are out, and it smells amazing already!

This picture truly does not do the sauce justice...and there is no way I can describe the amazing smell!! You simply MUST try it for yourself!

Here's my final product! Haha, told you, totally not as pretty.  But tasted sooo good I almost ate the entire two-person portion!

The best part about it is, I packed up the remainder of the pasta for lunch the next day, and it was simple AND delicious!  

No comments:

Post a Comment