Sunday, October 2, 2011

Red Wine and Potatoes

A few nights ago we got invited over to my parents' best friends' house for dinner.  Amongst many delicious items, my Auntie made some amazing mini potatoes:


I'm not sure what they're called, but apparently you can pick them up at Trader Joe's. I'm going to have to give this one a try sometime.  It's made with only scallions, salt, and a little olive oil, and it really allows the fragrance and taste of the potatoes to shine. I'll have to get the exact recipe!

To go along with it, I picked up a bottle of my favorite red and brought it along to share:


This is a Vino Dei Fratelli Chianti - and it is to die for!!  Bold and smooth, it's a crowd pleaser everywhere I bring it to - it's my go-to dinner party wine, and a guaranteed success every single time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment