Monday, October 17, 2011

Sunday Magic With the 49ers!

So happiness hits florence and the machine like a train on the tracks, but happiness hit me today like Alex Smith's perfect pass to Delaney Walker when it mattered the most.


( credit: Duane Burlesonphotos from Yahoo! Sports)


(I'm a girl so I'm allowed to talk about fashion right? Can I just say how much I LOVE these away jerseys?! And Michael Crabtree's shoes.  I kind of want that entire outfit right there.)

Niner defense was HUGE today against the strong detroit offense; Patrick Willis and Aldon Smith were all over everywhere they needed to be, the whole entire time!  I was seriously impressed.

I'd also like to shout-out Ted Ginn Jr. for all his impressive kick and punt returns, rushing and receiving yards.  Am I the only one who gets excited every time he starts to run??  You can really see the track & field training come out.

Michael Crabtree had an impressive game today with nine receptions for 77 receiving yards, and was voted MVP by KNBR's Red and Gold post-game show (which ran to nearly 4 o'clock today...it was a looong game).  During his post-game interview, he made some cute comment about being tired of always just almost getting things done and how he had to start to 'just gettin' it done already'!

It's a tough one...but I think I'd anoint my bethscetera MVP of the day title to Frank Gore.  No offense to the good folks over at Niner Nation, but I say Frank Gore is our Optimus Prime!  Frank Gore had 141 rushing yards today, and a touchdown in the second quarter.  If you watch the game you'd have seen that he helped the team tremendously to finally achieve the huge 25-19 win over the Detroit Lions, a team that has built up an impressive record for itself during these first 6 weeks.


There were 15 penalties and an early turnover that had my stomach tightening for a few moments...nightmares of last season came flooding back and my vision blurred for a second.  But then I remembered - wait, we've got Harbaugh now, things are different this year.  And sure enough, Alex Smith didn't shrink into his cave and leave us for the rest of the game like he did time and time again last year. He maintained his composure, and pulled the team through despite the deafening roar of Lions fans at Ford Field.

The only little blip the end...

So, this is what happens.  Schwartz, in case you missed it, totally made fun of Harbaugh (with profanity) for getting a penalty earlier in the game when he challenged a scoring play (which is against the rules now since all scoring plays are reviewed anyway).  Then he lost.  Sure he's pissed, instead of being 6-0 they're now 5-1.  Oh, that's right, like the 49ers.  Harbaugh, on the other hand, who kept his cool the entire time, is now just ecstatic because his team just beat one of the only two undefeated teams so far this season.  So he's happy and bouncy and he comes over happily to shake Schwartz' hand and pat his back.  Schwartz then get his feelings hurt, and decides to chase after Harbaugh for about 20 yards, yelling as he goes.  MY favorite part is when some of the players start putting their helmets on again like...I'm ready! Game on..again!  Harbaugh basically said the post-game conference, 'My bad, totally my fault, I shook his hand too hard.'

Moral of the story:  Please be careful when shaking coaches hands...some of them are of a delicate nature!

Can't wait to be at The Stick when The Cleveland Browns (who lost 24-17 to the Raiders today) come to town at the end of the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment