Thursday, October 20, 2011

Imperfections

This morning I woke up to this amazing post by Emily of Cupcakes and Cashmere.  It's a short two paragraphs where she candidly discusses one of her biggest faults, and states that "sometimes it’s good to simply be aware of your (not so admirable) habits, so that you can make a change."


Well, I certainly have many flaws as well, but I think my greatest one is high expectations.  I have The Highest expectations for myself, and therefore this trickles down into everything else around me as well: my life, my friends, my business, my clientele, my associates.  As a result, I become easily disappointed.  Often times I find myself having to temper my hurt and frustration by reminding myself that it's okay that something or someone didn't turn out/behave/react the way I had hoped, because no one and nothing is flawless - myself included.  


What areas do you feel the need to work on?


 as a musician, we practice for perfection

No comments:

Post a Comment