Monday, October 24, 2011

My Week in Food: What's In My Belly

The weeks just really fly by now, every time it's Sunday again I can't believe it, because it felt like yesterday was just Sunday!  There was no niner game this weekend because it was bye week...and I was very lonely without my game.  It was a well-timed break though, because this Sunday was so crazy I didn't even have a spare minute!

Here's what I've been grubbin' on lately to keep me grinding through busy days and weeks...


Made some whole wheat apple muffins to share with my students...they were a hit!  I adapted it from this recipe, and substituted orange juice for milk because I didn't realize until halfway through that I didn't have any.  Extremely grateful they turned out well!  They baked a lot faster than I expected though, so the edges got a little burnt and I had to ever-so-gracefully slice them off.


The Busquat sandwich I ordered from Frjtz.  Was good, but would have been better with fries! Remember this post?!


It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of some good wine, and this is one of my go-to favorites.  I had to enjoy this one on my own so sadly I didn't finish it before it turned...but I enjoyed every sip I had!

 Folie à Deux: Ménage à Trois Red


Tried out a new pho place and enjoyed it! Phö is one of my all-time favorites.  I love noodles in general, and phö just really takes the cake.
Kim Son Vietnamese Restaurant
3614 Balboa Street 
(between 37th & 38th Ave.)
San Francisco


Sometimes I just feel my body telling me that I need more veggies!  One of my most favorite salads is actually from Safeway - it's their Apple Walnut Grilled Chicken Salad, with feta cheese and cranberries. It's unbelievably delicious! This month is Breast Cancer month, so they swapped out their usual green trays for these pretty pink ones.  Love!


On Saturday I got my ultra-sensitive and damaged teeth cleaned, and was too sore to chew afterwards, so I went to King Noodle and just ordered a small bowl with the fewest meats possible.  King Noodle is kind of not the epitome of fine dining, but it's fast, cheap, and hit the spot when I was in a hurry, short on moolah, and hungry for something soft, so I can't complain!  Oh, and I saved the meatballs for a doggy friend of mine!


Over the weekend I got invited over to a friend's house for dinner and they - knowing my penchant for reds - had a delicious merlot corked and waiting for me upon my arrival.  Ahh, ma vie c'est grande!

No comments:

Post a Comment