Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I Love You Tomorrow...You're Only A Day Away

Today was a rather disappointing day, on most fronts.  I don't know what it is about Wednesdays, but somehow they always seem to come and go with far more negatives than positives.  I guess we need days like this to help us appreciate the days that are better right?

One example of how today failed me is...I was hoping to have two excellent restaurant reviews by tonight! But yep you guessed it, I have zero.

For lunch, I hopped into Frjtz, just a few blocks away from school.  It sounded promising and the pictures looked good.

Well, it turns out, I walked in to put my order in and as I was just about to order my fries (I even had my dipping sauce all pre-picked out already too), I was informed that the fryer was broken and that there were no fries.  Disappointment!  When the name of your restaurant IS essentially a fancy foreign-sounding name for "fries," it's a total let down to not have it! Shouldn't that be illegal somehow?  Can you imagine walking into Popeye's and being told their fryer was down and they didn't have fried chicken that day?

Then for dinner, my friend and I hopped into Canto Do Brasil, because it is literally a 90 second walk away from school and she had even more of a time constraint than I did.   I actually like Canto Do Brasil quite a bit, it's a little less pricey if you go for lunch, and because it's so close and by far the most decent eatery in the vicinity of my school, I've been a few times.  The food is always good, and they give you this amazing spread with the complimentary bread (that is always oh-so-perfectly soft and fresh) that I always end up cleaning out anyway, far after the bread has all been consumed.  I like their calamari as well.

Today though, I ended up waiting 35 minutes for my food!  That's probably a bit on the long side at any joint, but particularly when you're pressed for time.  It was so bad that I had to ask for a to-go box before my food even arrived.  My friend had all but finished by the time my food/to-go box arrived.  The wait is usually never that long...I'm not sure what it was.  I guess they were having a case of the Wednesdays also.

So...hopefully I will be able to try both places again and have better results next time!  I am a firm believer in second chances because really...don't we all need it from time to time?

No comments:

Post a Comment