Thursday, September 1, 2011

Too Cute!!

Sorry for the lame title, I couldn't think of any other way of describing it.

Today I had my second piano lesson with a sweet, demure, and very beautiful, just-turned-5-years-old ballerina, L.  We were going over notes and length values, and I was about to introduce the whole note.

By way of review, I asked her, "What do we do for these black notes with tails?" (Quarter notes.)

She says, "Nothing."

Me:  That's correct! They're just regular, plain old notes, right?

L:     *Nod*

Me:  Well what about these notes? What do we call them?

L:     White notes! (Half Notes)

Me:   Do they have tails?

L:     Yes.

Me:   What do we do for them?

L:      Hold them longer.

Me:   How long?

L:     Until 2!

Me:   Yes!  And what about these notes here? (Whole note)

L:     They're an oval.

Me:   Yes, and what do we do for them?

L:     Hold them longer.

Me:   How long?

L:     *thinks*  THREE HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!

************

AWW!!!! How adorable is that?? I heard her big brother cracking up in the other room (He's been taking lessons for over a year already) and she looked a little embarrassed, but it was so cute it instantly made my day :)  I love moments like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment