Saturday, September 3, 2011

Hayes and Kebab

Today I FINALLY went and tried Kayes and Kebab!  (It only took me 6 years to get there...)  I'd never once been to the old location, but I know that for the very brief time they were closed, a lot of my friends were really upset by their lack-of-kebab, so...today I finally discovered why.

582 Hayes Street
San Francisco, CA 94102

I ordered the "Lamb Shish Kebab Plate"
and it was delicious!

I'm kind of a food monster so when I first saw the two kebabs I worried that it wouldn't fill me up (ha ha ha)  Turns out, after slicing you get about 24-30 slices of medium-cooked lamb, and it was not only delicious, but completely filling as well.  I even had to share a few slices to get through it...
The flavor is excellent.  The salad was delicious, and the rice was great.  I was really surprised to find the white "fried rice" on my plate as well - I swear it's the exact same thing as the Chinese version!! No difference whatsoever!




They also gift you with a generous basket of freshly made bread, and it is super soft and delicious.  It tastes especially yummy with the white sauce! (Sorry, totally unauthentic I know, I can never remember what that amazing sauce is called).

Verdict:  Pretty good!  I'll definitely be back, next time I'll try the Gyro Pita!





No comments:

Post a Comment