Sunday, September 11, 2011

Mr. Pickles!

So, Mr. S has been telling me about Mr. Pickles' Sandwich Shop for the longest time now and was thrilled to inform me there was one in San Ramon! I rarely eat out around here, most of my eating-out is done in the city since I'm there most of the time.  The other day I happened to be in need of lunch and in the area so I decided to pop in!

3141 Crow Canyon Rd.
San Ramon, CA 94583

The first thing I noticed upon walking in was their wall - FILLED to the brim with pictures and paraphernalia of all bay area sports teams! Major plus points immediately.  Though the shop is teeny tiny, they had a flat-screen TV installed at the end, with large speakers placed around the shop.  More plus points!


I ordered a "Hang Loose" (the second item on the "specialty sandwich" menu) - because it has hot pastrami, bacon, cream cheese and avocado.  Can you say YUM?! I'm a total sucker for hot pastrami so...


This picture really belies its size.  The sandwich was huge! I actually was stuffed after consuming just half, and saved the other half for dinner.  Can you kind of tell based on how short my thumb looks next to it? I could barely wrap my fingers around it!  

The sandwich was dee-ricious! And while I normally don't like to spend $8 on a sandwich, if I ever need to eat out and I'm in the area, I will definitely consider coming back! Plus, they threw a cookie in the bag for me too (not sure if they are supposed to do that or not), which is sweet if cookies are your thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment