Sunday, September 11, 2011

Food Review: The Codmother

The other day we decided to venture out and try a new place. We were looking for something quick and affordable (and of course, yummy), so we found The Codmother on yelp!

2824 Jones St.
(between Beach and Jefferson)
San Francisco, CA 94133

When we arrived, we were surprised to discover that it was actually a food truck! But, a super cute food truck...


It was a beautiful, sun-shiny and warm day, so you'll be able to see the crosshatched overhang shadows in ALL of my pictures...such as the one above...

We ordered fish and chips, fish tacos (my favorite!), and I also decided to tack on an order of "crazy fries with special baja sauce" because it sounded amazing and I knew I had to try it since I'm rarely in that part of town!

Fish and Chips
These were yummy!  Huge pieces of fish, and extremely fresh.

Fish Tacos
Probably best fish tacos I've ever had in my life...and I order fish tacos everywhere I go! They were stuffed to the brim, the specialty sauce was amazing, and the fish was super fresh - which went great with the lettuce and cilantro!  Definitely would order these again when I come back.  Maybe even 2 orders :)

Crazy Fries!
Oh man, if you're going to come here and fries are your thing, order the crazy fries! Not only is it chalk full of finely minced fresh parsley and garlic (mmm garlic breath for the rest of the day!), the spicy "specialty baja sauce" is amazing!!! And I also like how the fries are a little crispy...all in all perfect combo.

It was a beautiful day, the food was amazing, and the company great! Plus, the lady who (I'm going to assume) owns the shop was super friendly and sweet.  My only complaint would be that the "10 minute" wait actually ended up being 30 minutes...so if you're in a hurry it wouldn't have been that great.  Thankfully we weren't too much in a rush and it was gorgeous out so I didn't mind it all that much!



No comments:

Post a Comment