Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Food Favorites

There are few things in life that make me as happy as the following three items:

Boba/Pearl Milk Tea from:
39115 Cedar Blvd.
Newark, CA 94560
Yes, this is an international chain and I've been to many of the ones in LA as well, but nothing tops the milk tea from this unassuming Newark location!  These are better than all the ones I've ever had in SF, and even Asia! I'm convinced they're the best in the world.  The pearls are flavorful and chewy (not bland, soggy, or hard), and the flavor is distinctly Taiwanese.  Love! 
(P.S. You get 10% off for ordering to-go)


Double-Double Burger from In-N-Out.
I rarely eat fast food, but when I have to, this is what I get.  Double-Double is as much as I can fit in my mouth at one time, or else I'd pile on even more scrumptious layers!


#8 House Special Spicy Noodle Soup (with hand-pulled wide flat noodles)
This has got to be one of my all-time favorite foods of my entire life! (And thats a special spot because my top 100 things in life is probably all food.  And football.)
3625 Thornton Avenue
Fremont, CA 94536
In Chinese, "QQ" is a kind of slang that refers to something that is perfectly chewy - not hard, and not soggy/mushy.  These noodles are all hand-pulled for the perfect degree of QQ-ness!  I've never ordered anything besides the house special, #8 extra spicy, and I've never needed to.  I've tasted just about everything else on the menu when others have ordered - and nothing beats this in my humble opinion!  I can take QQ any day, any time of day.  


I guess you could say these are a few of my go-to comfort foods, I will never say no to any one!

No comments:

Post a Comment