Monday, November 14, 2011

Eight One

Just HAD to do a post on today's game!  My beloved hometown team, the San Francisco 49ers are now 8-1!! The NY Giants were in town today, and I think the only word I could use to describe the game was...magical.  So often these days, great games are marred by unsportsmanlike conduct - on the field, off the field, between players, between fans, between coaches, in press conferences, etc etc etc.  And it always makes me sad because it really casts a shadow over something that is supposed to be fun and enjoyable and bring people together.

Before any action even went down, I really appreciated the fact that during the past week, respectful comments were being made about the other team from members of both the Niners and the Giants - coaches and players.  And today's game was exciting!! Two very well matched teams, and it was intelligent, high level playing.  But really most of all, respectful.  And boy did Candlestick bring it today...

My favorite players of the day:  Alex Smith (for just being great and getting our only rushing yards in the first half?!), David Akers (for his sneaky stealthy but oh so successful onside kick that led to a field goal, and for being just about perfect), and Justin Smith (Uhhhh...did you SEE that block at the end?!)

And I have to end with this beautiful moment:
Vernon Davis leaping gracefully like a gazelle over Giants safety for a 31-yard touchdown catch!

1 comment:

  1. 49ers are famous even in my country - Italy ! Bet you're a proud fan ! Kisses and you're invited to enter my Chanel & Too Faced Giveaway !

    Follow Fashion and Cookies

    ReplyDelete