Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Worth its weight in gold

I got this in an email from a long-time student's mom today:

"I always remind J that he is so lucky to have such a good teacher! You not only teach him piano, but also teach him about life."

In a week that has come with more crazies than the law allows for, this was like an arm around my shoulder, a pat on the back, a warm hug, a genuine smile.

This-this reminds me of why it is that I do what I do.  Amidst all the madness that comes with teaching, to know that at some point, I've been able to affect just ONE person in a great and positive way, makes ALL the crazy worthwhile.

Having this kind of feedback and affirmation is more valuable to me than any paycheck, and makes me feel I've truly reached a new level of personal accomplishment.


No comments:

Post a Comment