Thursday, August 25, 2011

Rooting For The Home Team

I was very interested when Victoria's Secret first started doing "team apparel," but was sad when initially they only offered merchandise for a select few teams, and my teams weren't included on the short list :(

Well, this year I was thrilled to see that they had included many more teams with their VSxMLB collection, and even more delighted when summer rolled around and they debuted a VSxNFL collection!  I have to say, these are *some of* the cutest team apparel items that I've seen around, and the prices are really great when you compare to mlbshop.com or nflshop.com.  In fact, a far simpler shirt from the team store will more than likely cost you more...

Since these designs are all limited edition, when I saw a Giants one earlier in the year, I was quick to grab it...

 front

back

My experience with the Victoria's Secret PINK line is that their tops actually tend to run large, so I ordered an XS for my Giants shirt, and was sad that it was a little more snug than I'd like.  (I like my shirts fitted, but not tight...looser is better because I love to eat and, well, the "food baby" becomes a little too obvious when my shirts are too tight...)  This is definitely smaller than their typical XS fit.

So when the beautiful scarlet red Niners shirt rolled out, I decided to try a size small...
 front

back

...and it was perfect!!!

I was initially a bit hesitant to order the Niner shirt because of the scoop neck.  Typically I prefer v-neck cuts to crew necks, but I was very happy to discover that this scoop neck is considerable lower/wider than a typical crew, so it worked out just fine.  The shoulders fit perfectly, and there was just enough of a loose "hang" in the body...plus my favorite color of all time, scarlet red?! Win-win, my friends.

The only real difference between the two is the v-neck on the Giants shirt and scoop neck on the Niner shirt.  Both shirts are of excellent quality, with beautiful contrast pipe stitching around the collar, made with a great fabric that's not too thin.  Definitely sturdy enough to roll around in the grass for a while with, or survive a few beer spills.  My camera doesn't do the Giants orange foil justice (it looks too dark in all my pictures), but the foil print on both shirts are also awesome, they're bright and shiny in person--just the way I wanted it!




Plus who can resist the adorable tags that come with it?! (Complete with official licensing stickers no less!)

Ok football, I'm ready, let's go!

No comments:

Post a Comment