Thursday, August 25, 2011

Lettuce

Attended a work seminar yesterday morning with my business partner/partner in crime, X, and afterwards we hopped into this little place I've been eager to try!

1632 Locust Street
Walnut Creek

I ordered a half salad (C.E.O.) half pasta lunch:
I chose the C.E.O. because I have a serious soft spot for capers...and salmon...and capers and salmon together makes for a pairing I simply cannot resist.  In fact, I've decided I love it so much I'm going to start using it as my own personal analogy when someone is truly amazing to me.  "You're the capers to my smoked salmon." Ding!! Do I hear a winner???

X ordered the same thing, except with a chicken caesar salad, which looked amazing:
And even though we got the same pasta, hers looks better because she said "yes" to cheese.  I had a strange moment of "oh no must watch calories and keep off the weight I lost in china" and said "no" to cheese, but really?! Who am I kidding?! Who in their right mind is crazy enough to reject fresh grated parmesan cheese with their pasta?! Me, apparently, but take note that I never make the same mistakes twice.

Anyway I was really impressed with Lettuce.  Their menu is extensive, though the concept is simple.  Their portions are enough to really make you full, and the produce is so obviously fresh and delicious with each and every bite.  My favorite part was, they had two glass jars of free iced water, one was with mint and the other with citrus fruits, and boy...I could sit there and just drink their water all day!

Verdict: lives up to the hype, definitely will return.  Go check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment