Monday, August 29, 2011

My Favorite Breakfast

I need to get a better camera...soon.  Today I plan on calling to cancel my gym membership *tear*... but it's extremely pricey, and simply not something that's at the top of my current budget.  I'll just have to be more motivated and do my own exercises to awesome youtube videos or something.  But maybe with the extra money saved every month I can finally look into a camera upgrade soon!

So, breakfast.  Something I frequently run out of time for.  Most days all I have is a glass of orange juice (this is my wake-up-must, as in, don't even bother trying to have me sound coherent before my orange juice! And definitely no luck getting me to eat anything either until I've had my OJ).  But when I have the time, my favorite thing to make is a breakfast burrito!


The ingredients are simple:

-2 eggs
-1 tortilla 
-baby spinach
-cheese (I prefer a 4-cheese Italian blend)
-salsa (the fresher the better!)
-dash of salt


Directions:
1.  Heat up your tortilla in the pan over low heat, just to get it warm and extra soft-about 10 seconds each side. Quick in and out.  I like to use 1 large flour tortilla, it seems big but trust me you'll need it when you wrap.
2.  Scramble two eggs and throw into pan over a little bit of cooking oil. Make sure your heat is low enough to not cook the eggs immediately. 
3.  Stir the eggs around as they're cooking, and when they're about half-way done throw in a LARGE handful of spinach.  Don't skimp on this step! It's what makes the burrito delicious.
4.  Sprinkle a little salt over all of it as you continue to stir, making sure all the spinach leaves get oiled and cooked
5.  Lastly, toss in a LARGE handful of cheese and stir it around until your eggs and spinach are a cheesy goopy mess.  Yummmmm.....
6. Scoop out and put on tortilla
7.  Put about 3 tablespoons of fresh salsa in and wrap it up!

Deeee-ricious!

No comments:

Post a Comment