Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Fourth at The Fair


Yesterday I went with my mom, lil bro and favorite auntie to our local fair and had a blast!! I practically grew up at the fairs - when I was a kid my parents would take me to the State fair (huge!) every single summer and I always enjoyed the face painting, hand print wall, farm animals, and carousel very much.  Also a part of even my earliest memory, is standing next to my mom in the exhibition booth waiting patiently (sometimes) while she watched demo after demo of home accessories/tools.  (To be fair, some of our best and most useful products were purchased at the fair at prices way below retail!) 

Though this local county fair was MUCH smaller than the state ones I went to as a child, it was still a lot of fun.  In fact, it may have even been a better, more manageable size, as we had time to get through *almost* the entire fair grounds, including all exhibition halls, and yes, most all of the home accessory demos :)

Going with a just-turned-14 year old boy is quite an intense experience though...I went on more rides in one day than I have in my whole lifetime combined probably, and my body is paying for it badly now.  I'm getting too old for this stuff!

I won this little guy by punching 4 out of 7 balloons at the dart throw booth.  Impressive right?  I was impressed too...that is until I found out I was actually playing at the children's dart throw booth.

I wore a tank from H&M, shorts and bracelet from American Eagle Outfitters, sunglasses from Armani Exchange, double tongue Chucks in hot pink and purple, and the only thing worth noting is of course my World Champion San Francisco Giants military cap!!


Nice view from the ferris wheel at sunset.  I actually don't know why I'm throwing up Asian gang signs...it's just this force that wells up inside of me that I'm no match against...

No comments:

Post a Comment