Monday, January 30, 2012

A glimpse of spring...

So far I have to say that this year has been pretty great.  I started it off wonderfully with what was probably the most inspiring trip of my life thus far,  but besides that I'm not sure if the glow I see everything with now really exists, or whether it's just a change in my perspective.  More on that at a later time, perhaps.

(The only bump I've had in this beautiful year has been my beloved 49ers fumbling away a Super Bowl, which surprisingly has rocked my world almost as much as a break-up would I imagine.  I suppose the only thing that will take my mind off it until football returns is Buster Posey being back on the mound.  I couldn't imagine a more perfect rebound.)

Over this past weekend the sun came out full force and bumped up the temperature into the upper 60's.  With no clouds and no breeze, it felt entirely like spring had arrived!  Knowing that in true California fashion it would be short lived, on Friday I lived it up and got some ice cream at...

432 Octavia (@Linden)
San Francisco, CA 94102

I ordered chocolate...
and it was sooooo incredibly creamy and rich.  *Almost* too much for me.  Next time I will try vanilla!


What's cool is that they don't make it until you order it, and you get to see the whole process.

It's hard to look at this and think that it's January here.
Beautiful day, beautiful city!

Speaking of beautiful city, I snapped this from my practice room window sometime last week as the sun was going down.  Gorgeous.  Just, gorgeous.




1 comment:

  1. Ahhh Smitten! I love their ice cream! Btw.. I know I'm so slow with it but I finally responded to your questions about the photo apps on my page!

    ReplyDelete